Thursday, March 18, 2010

So many novels, so little time.

I'm going to do something a little different this time. Since I've gone through so many graphic novels lately, I feel as though I am still digesting their meanings and do not want to give them full reviews at this current moment. I can rate them, yes, but if I feel the need to review I will simply go back later and edit this post. For now, I'll just give you an idea of how much I liked them by supplying a rating and a few words of description.

Skim by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki.
OVERALL RATING: 4.5

Beautiful, girly, dark; captures the essence of high school quite well.


Aya by Marguerite Abouet and Clement Oubrerie
OVERALL RATING: 4

Intricate, detailed artwork; story is interesting but not incredibly captivating.








Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes
OVERALL RATING: 5

Dark, funny; stylistically different and interesting; captivating in story and art.




The Essential Dykes to Watch Out For by Alison Bechdel
OVERALL RATING: 5

Will keep you reading for quite a while (in a good way); soap opera-ish, but smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment