Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

I won't pretend that I haven't read all the books in the Harry Potter series at least twice-- but this one and the Deathly Hallows I can only remember reading once, to my knowledge. So in the spirit of the upcoming movie, I am returning to "HBP."

Every time I return to a Harry Potter book I am filled with a kind of excitement that has been untouchable by any other literature. I'm not exactly sure why I loved this series so much; it's all I thought about for a while when I was younger, but even as the initial enthusiasm has worn off I still love reading through them again.

The writing itself isn't remarkable in form so much as content. It's written very simply, but I am always impressed by her ability to weave in and out with details and plot lines throughout the entire series. It's very well-composed, if you ask me. I can't say one would be able to pick up a book out of the series and understand it without having also read its predecessors, but it may be possible if one has seen the movies. I do recommend this book more than others because it's very dramatic and entertaining, not to mention less angsty in terms of Harry as compared to the Order of the Phoenix. It also has zombies, battle scenes, love interests, and mystery if you're into any of those sorts of things.

Oh, I won't go on about this! It's up to you whether or not you're interested in Potter thrills, but before I close I would like to add: DUMBLEDORE IS MY FAVORITE PERSON EVERRRRSLKfsldkbfsldkfjlja!!!!!!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment