Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Percy Gloom by Cathy Malkasian

So, I'm really tearing through these graphic novels!

I continued my reading today with Percy Gloom by Cathy Malkasian, which I just thought "looked neat" by the cover. I was more than right! Percy Gloom is not lengthy in terms of text, but it is a very intricate little novel when speaking of artwork. Usually with a graphic novel, I can absorb the visuals with accuracy in a matter of a few seconds while I'm reading along, but this one is one you'll want to slow down on to absorb the beautiful art. The drawings have a soft quality to them and are detailed in a much different style than the other graphic novels I've been through lately. It has a very round feeling.

The story itself was sweet and funny, and although I loved it I think there could've been some extra padding in between "scenes." More story wouldn't have been necessary, but it would have added to suspense for sure. I don't want to give away details about this one because it's the kind of thing I'm glad I had no expectations for. This one definitely has to go on the "to own" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment